To get started, log into your Voiply port by going to https://my.voiply.com. After that follow the steps below to configure your Grandstream Wave softphone:
- From your Voiply portal, click Services>Softphone
2. Once here you will see links to download via the iPhone app store, or Google Play store. You will need to download this app on your device before continuing. (see image in step 3).
3. Toward the bottom, see the drop down. Here you can choose the extension you wish to configure. In this example we will be configuring extension 105.
4. After choosing your extension a QR code will be generated. This will be used to configure your GS Wave softphone. Notice the "Send Registration information to email" field, you can use this to email the code to yourself, then select the image instead of scanning the image.
5. Next, using your device, open the Grandstream Wave application. Then press Account Settings.
6. Next, choose UCM Account ( Scan QR Code).
7. Scan the QR code from your Voiply Portal that was generated in step 4. Hold your phone still, it may take a few passes but it will take it after a few seconds.
8. Once the scan completes, you will see the below prompt, click Done.
9. After that, your account will be ready for use. The "registered" indicator is on the left. Red will indicate not registered, Green will indicated registered.
There are some changes that can be made to the softphone to accomplish a more reliable connection over Wifi and 4G/3G
We recommend to turn on Only Accept SIP request from known servers, Change Registration Expiration to 5.
DNS mode Set to SRV
Recommended Codec change to lower bandwidth usage. Setting under Codec Settings, Preferred Vocoder Change both Wi-Fi and 4G/3G to G729
If using IOS by default WiFi Only is enabled. Disable this under advanced settings to allow registration/calls via 3G/4G connection